20 Hour PERC Security Officer – Private Investigator Training Course
The course leads to a 20 Hour Completion Certificate of the required subjects, to obtain your PERC (Permanent Employee Registration Card) from the State of Illinois.
All individuals who want to be employed as a Private Security Officer or Private Investigator in the State of Illinois must complete the 20 Hour Unarmed Security-Investigator Training Course at a state-licensed training facility. Start your career in the security and investigation industry today!
- 2 Day (20) Hour Session is $120.
- ($60 for the training course and $60 for material, handouts & Comprehensive Study Guide)
- A deposit of $60 is required at registration to secure your seat for the class.
- (The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. A credit will be issued for a future session.)
- Cash, Credit Card or Money Order accepted.
- Students must register week 1 week prior to class online or by calling 773-697-4249.
- Classes are held at 2958 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60618.
- Classes are scheduled from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM with an intermission in between.
A copy of your Certification of Completion of the PERC Course will be kept on file.
There are other costs associated when submitting your PERC Card Application to IDFPR. These additional costs are NOT included in our training course fee and are required to apply for your PERC Card. See below:
- PERC Application Fee. The cost is $55.00.
- Fingerprinting Fee. The cost is $ 60.00.
For your convenience, we provide the Live Scan Fingerprinting Services at our training center.
Walk-ins are accepted based on open seating; the cost is $90 plus $60 for material, handouts & Comprehensive Study Guide.
*ALL CLASSES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, NO REFUNDS. A CREDIT WILL BE ISSUED FOR FUTURE CLASSES.*
20 Hour Basic Course Content
- History of Law Enforcement, Security and Private Investigation
- Responsibility to Yourself, Employer and Co-Workers
- Working Relationships
- Illinois Criminal Code Chapter 720 ILCS
- Civil and Criminal Liability
- Laws of Arrest, Search and Seizure
- Civil Rights and Public Relation
- PERC Card Requirements
- Rules and Regulations
- Report Writing
Use of Force
- Actions of Defendant
- Security Officer and Investigator Response Option
- Active Shooter
- Fire Prevention and Safety Measures
- Bomb threats