20 Hour Firearm – Armed Security Guard – Training Course
The course leads to a 20 Hour Firearm Training Course Completion Certificate of the required subjects, to obtain your Firearm Training Certification from the State Of Illinois.
All individuals who want to be employed as an armed private security guard in the State of Illinois must complete the 20 Hour Firearm – Armed Security Guard Training Course at a state-licensed training facility. Start your career in the security and investigation industry today!
- 2 Day (20) Hour Session is $150 for material, handouts and Firearms Guide.
- A deposit of $60 is required at registration to secure your seat for the class.
- (The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. A credit will be issued for a future session.)
- There is an additional charge for ammunition. (You may bring your own).
- There is an additional charge for the range fee.
- Cash, Credit Card or Money Order accepted.
- Students must register one week prior to class online or by calling 773-697-4249.
- Classes are held at 3004 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60618.
- Range Portion will be held at Gat Guns 970 Dundee Ave, East Dundee, IL 60118
Walk-ins are accepted based on open seating; the cost is $150 plus $75 for material, handouts & Comprehensive Study Guide.
A copy of your Certification of Completion of the Firearm Course will be kept on file.
*ALL RANGE RULES WILL BE FOLLOWED OR THE STUDENT WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISMISSED*
*ALL CLASSES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, NO REFUNDS. A CREDIT WILL BE ISSUED FOR FUTURE CLASSES.*
20 Hour Firearm Content
Semi-Automatic and Accessories-8 hours
A. Description of semi-automatic- See diagram
B. Semi-Automatic malfunctions
C. Care cleaning of semi-automatic and ammunition
D. Ammunition review-misfire, squib loads, reloads
E. Holsters and Rig
F. Rig set-up-magazine pouches, asp, o/c spray, handcuffs
A. General Safety
B. Storage Obligations
C. Deadly Force
D. Firearm Discharge Report
E. Liability While Armed
F. Search Seizure and arrest procedures while armed
Firing the Revolver
A. Four safety rules
a. All Guns are Always Loaded
b. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy
c. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sites are on target
d. Know your target and beyond
B. Range Procedures and Conduct
D. Double Action/Single Action
E. Grip-Thumbs Forward
F. Finger Outside of Trigger Guard
G. Trigger Squeeze
B. Combat Triangle
C. Support Kneeling
D. One Knee
A. Point Shooting
C. Combat Shooting
D. Double Action
Course of Fire
A. 50 round Illinois State Law Enforcement Course Records